Welcome to the Town
of Guilford, CT
A benchmark in the elegant history of Connecticut,
rich and full of life, we take pride in our town and
are pleased that you’ve decided to visit us.
Like us on Facebook!
Click on the links below.
Guilford Town Updates
- 4-27-17 - The Board of Selectmen has cancelled it's meeting on May 1 and has scheduled a meeting for May 8, 8:30 a.m. at the Town Hall.
4-18-17 The FY 2017-18 Town Budget passed at referendum, with 2,181 votes in favor, and 1,033 opposed. All five bonding questions were also approved. A breakdown of the votes can be found here
- 2-27-17 - The Reconstruction of Long Hill Road from Route 1 to Hubbard Road will begin next week on March 6, 2017. The Town project was awarded to TradeMark Contractors, LLC of Bristol, CT by the Board of Selectmen on 2/10/2017. The Project is funded by Federal, State and Town monies. Construction is expected to be completed in one year. While there will be some traffic delays, the contractor is obligated to maintain access to all properties and maintain through traffic at all times. The State Project # is 059-161. If there are any questions please call Jim Portley at 203-453-8037.
- 2-23-17 - Long Cove/ Mulberry Point / Tuttles Point Water Main Extension Updates
- 2-02-17 - Elderly Tax Relief Program applications are now available in the Assessor's Office. You must file by the May 15th deadline. Even if you are currently on the program, you must still reapply every year in order to remain eligible. more information
- 1-17-16 - The Board of Assessment Appeals will hold 2017 appeal hearings for October 1, 2015 Supplemental Motor Vehicle only and October 1, 2016 Grand Lists by appointment only / legal notice with list of dates and times.
- 8-31-16 - The Regional Water Authority Representative Policy Board is seeking candidates to fill an opening on the five-member governing board of the Authority. This is a part-time salaried position, which requires approximately 200 or more hours per year, including business hours. more information
- 2-19-13 - Looking for Help? A Directory of Human and
Social Services Available to Guilford
Residents. more information
- 8-28-12 - A reminder to
anyone who has not registered their cell numbers
with CT Alert to do so. Being
registered enables you to receive Reverse 911
calls and information regarding any emergency.
Please register as soon as possible as we head
into Hurricane and eventually the Winter
- Connecticut Resources
Recovery Authority- your
recycling program is better and greener than
* Numerous documents are in PDF format and
require Adobe Acrobat Reader. *